Somehow summer seems to be as busy as the school year, but at least I can determine the pace myself rather than be trapped by a daily schedule, and much of what I do is actually enjoyable. The past few days have been spent doing the following:
- buying a new 2007 Jeep Compass Sport; it’s a very nice, small SUV-type car with a lot more features than my 1998 stripped-down Voyager. I particularly like the sun roof, power locks and windows (thank heavens!), and free Sirius radio. OK, it’s only free for one year, but the variety of music available really makes it worthwhile; I’ve have to see if I like it enough though to pay $100+ per year for it;
- taking a 30-minute brisk walk every morning, and going to the YMCA three afternoons per week;
- golfing 9 holes Thursday evening with my brother, if you can describe my chopping and hacking as golfing. If I intend to golf semi-regularly in retirement as a physical and social outlet, I had better make at least some attempt to get mediocre at it;
- working on several book-length writing projects, one of which I hope to finish this summer and two of which I am beginning this summer;
- going to the pool whatever afternoons I do not need to stay home and cook dinner; I don’t do a lot of swimming (I am moderately better at swimming than I am at golfing), but I enjoy sitting under the trees and reading;
- reading!!!

1 Comments:
my dad's trying to get me to go to the y but i am scared.
kewl! new car. what's power locks??
^_^ we got a new car after my accident too.
Post a Comment
<< Home