Sunday, February 01, 2009

I can never understand the frenzy over the Super-Bowl. Most people who watch it have absolutely no interest in either of the teams playing, nor any understanding of football itself. I guess the silly commercials and halftime extravaganza attract some people (I will even watch Bruce Springsteen perform, although that is likely all I will watch), and it is probably the second biggest party day of the year after New Year’s Eve. Some of Jean’s students even complained that she is giving a test tomorrow “the day after the Super-Bowl?”

There are the chances of another snowstorm this week, a Noreaster with the potential of dropping–are you reading for this?–2 feet of snow! If that happens, we will be out of school at least two days, which is especially bad since we only have 1 snow day left. I am not looking forward to losing days from our spring break. :(

This has been a very busy weekend. Yesterday Jean, Mark, Kate, Andy, Trevor Kate’s dad and I all met at the tuxedo place for selecting tuxedos for the wedding and measuring for them. Afterwards we all went to lunch at Panera where we sat and chatted for an hour, then Jean and I shopped at Pet Goods, Ledgewood Farm, B.J.’s, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Shop-Rite. Today we are going to the YMCA and I need to vacuum and edit a former student’s paper.

At least it’s a good eating weekend. I cooked two dishes in the wok yesterday (East-West Stir-Fry and shrimp and tofu) and I’m making pea soup and homemade bread today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home