Saturday, September 25, 2010

I spent an hour yesterday morning researching e-readers, mostly the Kobo and the Aluratek Libre, because they are by far the cheapest two without many of the frills of the higher-priced ones, such as wireless downloading capabilities and touch screens. Both of them contain 100 free classic books, mostly works I would like to read but have not. While they are all in the public domain, the convenience of having them pre-loaded is definitely a plus. I went to Borders last night and looked at both, deciding on the Kobo for 3 reasons: its screen is slightly bigger; it has ink print, which is very easy to read; and its battery lasts up to 2 weeks as compared to 24 hours for the Libre. Now I need to download the books on my computer onto it. ☺

I put our riding lawnmower–which we bought from a friend two years ago but have never used–on Craigslist for sale for $150, and somebody came to look at it. Unfortunately, we could not get it started, so we hope to work on it this weekend and get it running before he and 2 other interested people come to look at it Sunday afternoon.

I definitely need to manage my time better. While I am always busy, and spend a lot of time on the computer, somehow I seem to be doing chores and organizational stuff and rarely work on my books. I need to change that asap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home