Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Today I meeting two of my former students for lunch, Priscilla and Tino. It is always nice getting together with former students, and so far this summer has been good for that reason. I had lunch with Leslie several weeks ago, and Sunday at Neelam’s recital I sat with Vikas, Jess H and Jess S.

A few weeks ago I ordered a book from Hamilton Books’ remaindered catalog called Born to Kvetch about Yiddish language and culture that Alan thought that his mother would really enjoy. So he mailed the book to her but, alas, when she received the envelope, it was empty! So I ordered him another copy which I am mailing to his mother today. Hopefully the post office will not steal the book this time.

While we were in Outer Banks, Mark & Kate’s cat Kali ate a ribbon which got stuck in her intestines and was making her throw up everytime she ate. They took her to the vet who performed surgery on her to remove the ribbon. Then the vet put a “Victorian collar” on Kali to prevent her disrupting the stitches. That collar so terrified their other cat Rocky–who is a nervous wreck anyway–that he would not go near Kali all the while she was wearing it. This past Sunday the collar was removed, but it still took 2 days before Rocky would play with or sleep with Kali again. Fortunately, they seem to be best friends again, thankfully for both of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home