I have been incredibly busy ever since school ended, but I am certainly not wasting time. Well, I guess going to the pool every afternoon with Jean might be considered time-wasting, but I spend most of my time there reading–which is important to me, and which I would normally do at night anyway–and do more work in the evening than I would otherwise do.
I’ve decided to write a story before tackling the two books. I have several series going in my future history, and the series I am working on first is the “math lab” series. When I finish the story, I will probably post it at the lifejournal blog which I use for fiction, but which only has 3 stories posted so far (its link is on the bottom of the left-hand column). I might forego the wasted time of trying to sell my fiction and post it there immediately. That way I will actually have a very small audience reading it.
Currently reading: Kim Stanley Robinson’s Galileo’s Dream, which is primarily a novel about the life of the great scientist, but also includes an sfnal portion in which Galileo learns about mankind’s future inhabiting the moons of Jupiter. Robinson is one of the very finest sf writers, excelling in both characterization and thoughtfulness, and this novel is very enjoyable so far.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home