Yesterday was one of the most amazing days I’ve ever had teaching. It started innocently enough with Emily distributing the “Sabella tee shirts” to 40+ of my students, who wore them all day. Several teachers commented to me about it.
Then I spent three hours after school chatting with Sana, Jess and Pooja until nearly 6:00. When I went to the cafeteria I was stunned to find that what I thought was a Game Night was actually a surprise retirement party by my students for me! I don’t really understand why I deserved it, but it was absolutely wonderful and very touching, especially the video of people speaking about me, the individual tributes by dozens of people, and the tribute book in which they said some amazing things
I don’t know how I can possibly thank Simon and Neelam for organizing the whole affair, and Neelam for working tirelessly on it. She is an amazing girl whom I really grew to appreciate during the ICC show week. It’s too bad she is so brilliant that she does not need to come to the Math Lab where we could chat more often. ☺
Could any teacher possibly be luckier than me or have more wonderful students? I doubt it.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home