Saturday, May 29, 2010

We do not have a lot of plans this long Memorial Day weekend. Today I am going to bake a seafood casserole for dinner, a really good recipe which contains scallops, clams, and lots of cheese.

Tomorrow we are going to a barbecue with friends we have known since our first teaching job at Paul VI Regional High School. We have not seen them nearly as much recently as we used to do, which is too bad, but hopefully that will change after we all retire and have a lot more free time than we currently do.

I have begun cleaning out all my accumulated stuff at school, including 25 years’ worth of grade books. It was fun looking at the grades of former students, some of whom I stay in touch with, others whose siblings I have had recently, and some whom I barely remember at all. Of my 89 friends on Facebook (and I do not accept anybody whom I do not know), 35 are former students, but I have been lax sending them messages, which is why I really keep my Facebook page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home