Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Anybody who knows me realizes how much I care about my students, and how much I enjoy spending time with them. Tomorrow is perhaps my favorite event of the school year, the annual county-wide Valedictorian-Salutatorian dinner. This will be the 15th time I have been invited to it by a student since 1992, and it is both an honor to be respected by those students, as well as a joy spending that evening with them and their families.

This event is the start of celebration season at school, and it will be followed shortly by numerous other enjoyable events:

• the senior awards breakfast;
• the senior awards ceremony;
• graduation;
• the annual retirement banquet;
• the annual Sunshine Club luncheon;
• a retirement dinner.

I am hoping not to be fat for my son’s wedding in July, but unless I watch my eating and get on the abs machine regularly that might be a problem. ☺

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home