Saturday, April 11, 2009

If you read this blog, then you obviously know that I love books. About a year ago, a friend recommended the website Paperback Swap to me, where I could trade unwanted books for books I select. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but for some reason I did not pursue it until this week. When I finally joined, I posted a list of 38 books that I wanted to get rid of, including sf, historical fiction, and nonfiction. In three days I have already mailed 4 books to other members and, because of that, I now have credit to select 6 books myself. There are literally thousands of books available, including many which are on my own Recommended Reading list. So I have ordered 2 books from other members already, and have picked out the other 4 I want. *wow*

I have enjoyed my spring break, although, as expected, I have not accomplished as much as I was hoping to do, but that is typical. Distractions such as shopping, socializing, and book-swapping have cut into my chores, but they have all added to the enjoyment of the past week, so I have no complaints.

Happy Easter to all you who celebrate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home