50o weather this weekend is delightful. Is it possible that winter is finally winding down?
Like Kevin mentioned in his blog, I have never really understood the attraction of St. Patrick’s Day. Most Americans are not Irish, so have no particular reason to celebrate a day which heralds the glories of a small country across the Atlantic. I suspect Kevin is right in that it is merely an excuse for people to drink too much alcohol and, if possible, get drunk. That is something I have never done in my life, so perhaps I am just unable to see the pleasure in it.
I would much rather celebrate St. Joseph’s Day on March 19th, a major feast day in Italy which is devoted, as are most Italian holidays, to eating! And what is more enjoyable to eat than Italian food? ☺
I feel like an English teacher. Once a year I give my honors classes writing activities to do, and I currently have a huge pile of paper hanging over me like the sword of Damocles. Just call me Dionysius (and if you don’t understand the reference, look it up, haha).
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home