Some random thoughts...
It’s always fun going to the Chinese buffet with our closest friends, then sitting around chatting for several hours afterwards. Of course, it was foolish of me to get into a semi-argument with them over high school rules. :(
Tonight is a staff buffet dinner organized by my school’s vibrant and enthusiastic vice-principal. I doubt if I would have gone though if Jean were not working at school, since she is much more sociable than I have ever been.
One of the disadvantages of having your social life consist primarily of chatting with students in the Math Lab is that when one of them is online during the weekend I hesitate contacting them because I feel uncomfortable interfering with their personal life. What could I possibly say that would interest them anyway?
So are any of the current primary candidates truly electable, except possibly John McCain? He was my first choice of candidates eight years ago, but I was disillusioned by his unquestioning support of George Bush and the Iraqi War in the years since. Still, if I can get that bad taste out of my mouth, I might support him this time too since I don’t believe the disorganized Democrats can win a national election nowadays (especially if they can’t make sure the vote in Ohio is not stolen again!).
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home