I’ve decided it is time to get rid of my record albums. I have 300+ albums from the 70s and 80s, after which I exclusively bought cds. Although I have a turntable in my office, I rarely listen to the albums, so they are basically taking up space that could be better used for expanded space for my books and cds. I went through the records recently and found only about 30 that I really would miss, which would be easy to replace with cds.
So I hereby announce that any of my readers who know me personally and would like some free record albums, send me either an IM or an email and we’ll work something out. They tend to be mainstream rock and roll (Bruce Springsteen, John Mellancamp, Elton John, Billy Joel) and progressive rock (Moody Blues, Renaissance, Strawbs).
Currently listening: Hokey Pokey, by Richard and Linda Thompson. Everything he records is excellent, and this early 80s album is no exception.
Currently reading: Steven Saylor’s The Judgement of Caesar is supposedly a mystery set in Egypt during the power struggle between Caesar and Pompey, but it is more historical fiction than mystery. Saylor excels at world-building, and his ancient world lives and breathes. Highly recommended.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home