Some random comments.
The stem of my glasses broke yesterday, which is a pain. We glued it back on, which hopefully will hold until I go for my next checkup with the eye doctor this summer.
I really do not like people who are either too lazy or too inconsiderate to do their job properly, especially when it impacts on those of us who are actually trying to do our best.
How can we expect students to follow the school rules when some teachers either do not bother enforcing them, or blatantly violate the rules themselves? Yesterday, while I was walking through the hallway at school, I passed a teacher using a cell phone!
Speaking of cell phones, how ridiculous is it that so many people walk around with phones glued to their ears like another appendage? What the heck do they have to say all the time anyway?
Still speaking of cell phones, how selfish are those people whose cell phones ring in the middle of meetings, then they answer them and begin talking right during the meeting?
I guess it is expecting too much of a single artist to complain that Bruce Springsteen never maintained his 1970s quality after The River.
I guess it is expecting too much of a single writer to complain that Roger Zelazny never maintained his 1960s quality after Lord of Light.
I rarely watch television, but if I did, I would probably watch Deal or No Deal. That show is a practical example of why it is good to understand statistics.
I have no interest in the book version of The DaVinci Code, since I do not enjoy either thrillers or totally-invented-by-the-seat-of-the-pants history. However, I have considerably lower standards for movies, so I might see the video when it is released (since we get videos for free, it will only be an investment in time rather than also in money).
I love X-Men movies. The highlight of the second movie was seeing Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler. I am looking forward to seeing Angel and Colossus in the third installment.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home