Thursday, May 18, 2006

Four weeks from today I will be in the midst of final exams. As my brother commented on the way out of school today, it is amazing how quickly a school year actually passes. I remember last June standing alone in the halls of PHS on the afternoon of the very last day, when everybody else had already left, wondering how the school year had vanished so quickly. Now another year is almost gone as well!

Currently listening: Bruce Springsteen’s 30th anniversary edition of Born To Run. This is one of my three favorite albums ever, and the fact that the package includes a two-hour concert from 1975 and a “making of...” dvd made it a must-buy, especially since the entire triple package cost me $28.00. It is hard to imagine anybody who likes rock and roll not loving Born to Run!

Currently reading: There are many magazines that interest me, and I regret that I do not have more reading time available. But subscribing to too many magazines takes away valuable time from all the books I want to read. Currently I subscribe to two magazines: Locus, the indispensable trade journal of science fiction, and Paste, a really interesting music magazine which concentrates on “serious” rock and roll, but spreads its tentacles into many areas related to rock. But the magazine I am reading right now is the current issue of National Geographic, which has some fascinating articles on the newly-uncovered Judas Gospel, the government’s attempts to open the Northern shores of Alaska to oil drilling, and the land management programs of Prince Charles (who is nothing like the vapid rich boy the media makes him out to be). I subscribed to NG many years ago, and I yearn to do so again. Maybe... ☺

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home