Friday, April 22, 2011

I enjoy Chinese buffets, but even moreso when they have more variety than the same old items which seem to populate most area Chinese restaurants. When Fei Fei lived in-state, she would not only pick out the more authentic restaurants, but also the more authentic dishes on the Chinese-language menu which is not given to non-Chinese patrons (a good thing, since I could not read the characters anyway; possibly, if the menus had been in pinyin, I could order from them). Last night we went to a Chinese buffet in Somerville, which was very good and did have several items different than what is usually found at local Chinese restaurants. I would definitely go there again.

This morning Jean and I drove to Anthony & Sons to buy bread for tomorrow. That is really a great Italian bakery and deli, and if my refrigerator is was not already full for 20+ members of my family coming tomorrow, I would have definitely bought more stuff. All I bought in addition to the bread was another jar of lupino beans, since my current jar is almost empty (I put several of them in my salad every night).

We did not even stay for lunch since we went there on the way to the YMCA, so it was a bit early for lunch. We did not want to go there afterwards, since we feared it might be crowded with people buying bread and Italian food for Easter.

I am exceeding jealous of my good friend George who, even though he is still teaching fulltime, still manages to read a lot more science fiction than I do. Today he told me that he has been reading “ten hours per day” this Spring Break week, and he has finished the entire Dorsai series by Gordon R. Dickson. I think I have read about 10% as much all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home