I really do not like fighting with other people. One of the reasons I publish my magazine is to socialize with other sf fans and readers, which is also why I joined the amateur press association where I share my magazine with 40 other publishers of amateur zines. But one member of the apa obviously does not like me much, if at all. Whenever I share my opinions on the history of science fiction, he attacks me. He derides my facts and ridicules my opinions. He accuses me of changing my opinions in attempts to defend myself. In the current mailing he reached a new level of arrogance by accusing me of lying in the face of one of his prior attacks.
Like all people, I have dealt with some bullies in my life. My most common response is to ignore them and try to stay out of their way. In my opinion this guy is nothing but an aging bully, and I have grown tired of dealing with his attacks on me. I am seriously considering dropping out of the apa because of him. Doing that would bother me a lot, since I genuinely like most other members of the apa and enjoy reading their magazines. But I really do not like bullies, and cannot abide attacks by somebody whose sole motivation seems to be either power or blatant dislike of me.
Can’t anybody in this screwed-up world actually get along anymore?
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home