Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Some random thoughts.

A school is a festering ground for disease, with so many people crowded together and interacting daily, so that it is almost impossible to avoid contact with viruses and bacteria. I definitely have another virus today, and I wisely blamed my closest student who told me her own family is sick right now. Unfortunately, when I got home today Jean told me that Mark was sick all last weekend, so it seems likely I caught the bug from him. You’re off the hook, Preeti! ☺

Isn’t it amazing how some people are so rigid about other people following strict rules and guidelines, yet they are the worst offenders themselves? Can anybody spell “hypocrisy”?

Psychologists believe that people all build walls to hide their innermost selves from public view, but those walls tend to vanish when we are driving cars, since the cars themselves serve as walls. If that is so, isn’t it scary how obnoxiously so many people drive? And is it any wonder why the world is in the sad shape that it is?

Last night I watched a few moments of a televison show entitled “Commander in Chief” in which Geena Davis played the first female president of the United States. Considering how badly males have screwed up most of human history, perhaps it is time the United Nations passes a resolution that only women can rule its member states for the foreseeable future. They certainly could not do a worse job than men have done so far!

1 Comments:

Blogger pearbunny said...

almost everyone is a hypocrite... Hmm I better review my actions.

~*~*~

Rest a lot and feel better

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home