My back is healing faster than usual, so perhaps those nightly stretching exercises I’ve been doing the past four months really have been helpful. Of course, I haven’t been able to do any stretching for five days now, but tonight I plan to try some gentle ones. Wish me luck. ☺
Currently Listening: Rubber Soul, by the Beatles. I went through a period of about 25 years when I never listened to the Beatles’ music at all, having burnt out on it through the 1960s when I was a teenager. But I bought their collected CDs–the superior British versions, of course–about a half-dozen years ago, and I was amazed at how wonderful it still sounds. If you have never really listened to the Beatles, Rubber Soul is as good an album as you can possibly start with.
Currently Reading: Journey Beyond Tomorrow is a terrible title for a biting satire by Robert Sheckley, the master of sfnal satires. While it is not “deep” or “serious” reading, it is a very pleasant interlude for cold fall evenings. Recommended.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home