Saturday, November 05, 2005

No matter how solitary a person I am by nature, it is really nice having good friends, especially when those friendship develop unexpectedly. However, it is distressing seeing one of those friends troubled in any way, or finding themselves in a situation which they really do not deserve. One of my friends has had more emotional trouble in the past week than she deserves, because she is such a good person who treats everybody well and would never do anything to deliberately hurt anybody. Hopefully the near future will be better for her.

No matter how much I determine to cut back on my pleasure buying, I am addicted to both books and music. This week I have made four purchases that I am pleased with, but probably should not have done. The books are both science fiction, a novel by Jack McDevitt who writes plot-oriented future history novels as well as anybody, and a collection of Robert A. Heinlein’s best short fiction. The music includes a dvd of Chris de Burgh in concert and a two-cd compilation of 70s progressive rock band Gryphon. Perhaps I should put some of these aside and save them for Christmas presents for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home