Friday, April 02, 2010

I sent my last newsletter to the district faculty yesterday. It was an April Fool’s issue, with a lot of ludicrous news which, upon first glance, seemed almost believable. Several teachers did believe it and were stunned at the news, which was amusing. I got a lot of comments from district teachers who liked the issue and thanked me for sending out some humor in the current depressing climate for educators throughout the district.

Last night was the Asian-American Club Game Night, so my co-advisor and I sat with them until about 9:15 pm. The kids were very well-behaved, as usual, and I got home shortly after 10:00 pm.

Now we and I are on Spring Break for a week, with nothing much to do except relax and catch up on some work I have let slide. Hopefully I’ll even have time for some writing and reading.

Currently reading: Clifford D. Simak has been one of my favorite authors since I was a teenager. He combines future speculation with a gentle view of human behavior. Strangers in the Universe was the first collection of his that I ever read, and it is just as strong now decades later.

Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home