Some thoughts...
I enjoy Facebook because it is a way to keep in touch with people. I am very selective about whom I select as friends though because it serves no purpose to have hundreds of friends in name, but not to actually interact with any of them. So my list is a relatively small 63 friends, and yet I really only have any dealings with about a dozen of them.
I am not a big fan of snowstorms. Between spending several hours clearing up the driveway, deck and front walk, and driving in it, I would prefer living in a southern climate where snow consists of a handful of flakes which melt immediately upon reaching the ground.
This will be a short week of school, but should be a pleasant one. Monday is the department Holiday Party and grab-bag, and I am expecting several former students to return for visits as well. I will try not to think about the fact that this will likely be the last Christmas that I will see former students...
Currently listening: Lately I’ve been listening to entire collections of various artists. I just finished John Hiatt and now I’m working my way through the Waterboys, currently This is the Sea. Both artists are incredibly-underrated, and should be much more well-known than they are.
Currently reading: I am finishing Frederik Pohl’s outstanding Gateway trilogy. The first book Gateway is one of my favorite sf novels ever, followed by Beyond the Blue Event Horizon and Heechee Rendezvous. I recommend this trilogy highly.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home