Saturday, October 27, 2007

Some random thoughts percolating in my brain:

While Southern California is overrun by dangerous wildfires, the East Coast is inundated in torrential rainpour. You think Mother Nature would be a bit more considerate.

Most of my family is experiencing various types of viruses/flu right now, a sure sign that summer is over and winter is creeping up behind us.

How many high schools do you know which televise weather reports every morning? And at how many of them is the weather the highlight of the morning announcements?

Every year I am entitled to 2 free cds from a music club, which gives me an opportunity to replace 2 of the records I gave away, choosing from among the Moody Blues’ Long Distance Voyager, Tom Petty’s Damn the Torpedoes or U2's The Joshua Tree.

I have been inundated with book club offers lately, both half-price sales and free books for joining new clubs, as well as used sf catalogs, and it is very difficult to resist all of them. So far this year I have read more books than I have bought, but if I weaken that could change quickly, haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home