I mentioned earlier in this blog that I am not much of a television watcher, and that I have been watching Battlestar: Galactica for the past month or so. But I am losing interest in that show already, so I doubt I will be watching it much longer. However, I might have found another show to watch, depending on the outcome of the presidential election.
Huh? What’s that you say, the election was held last November? No, not that presidential election, but the one currently taking place on The West Wing. I watched an episode last night, probably only the second episode I have ever seen, and the current plotline is about the election to replace Martin Sheen, whose second term as president is ending. There are three candidates running for president, two Democrats who are currently deadlocked in the primaries, and Alan Alda who has clinched the Republican nomination. Last night’s episode was all about Alan Alda, and it was a very interesting episode, mostly because of Alda. I really liked him in M*A*S*H in the 1970s, and I told Jean that if he wins the election, and thus becomes the star of The West Wing next season, I will definitely watch it.
Thus my viewing habits for the foreseeable future depend on a fictional presidential election. How is that for virtual reality?
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home