Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Sorry I’ve been away awhile, but I was at school until the wee hours of the morning–well, not quite!–the past two nights and I have not been near my computer.

One of my favorite students is Preeti, who is in my Honors Algebra 2 class as well as one of the new incoming officers of my Asian- American Club. She likes to read, and she asked me to recommend some fantasy novels for her to read this summer. When I asked her what type, she said horror. This is a very important responsibility for me, because the books I suggest for her could make the difference between attracting her to fantasy altogether or driving her away from it instead. More likely is somewhere inbetween, of course, but I want to make any reading experience a pleasant one for her.

Anyway, here are the books I’m going to recommend for Preeti. If you have any others to suggest, feel free to let me know!

American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
His Dark Materials Trilogy(The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass), by Philip Pullman
The Dark Tower, volume 1, by Stephen King
The Stand, by Stephen King
Conjure Wife, by Fritz Leiber
Monstrous Regiment, by Terry Pratchett
Carrion Comfort, by Dan Simmons
Swan Song, by Robert McCammon
Mythago Wood, by Robert Holdstock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home