Saturday, December 18, 2004

This is the Christmas season, which tends to be incredibly busy but very rewarding. Yesterday after school I went to Sarah’s apartment for her Math Department potluck dinner. My department is a very good one, and I really enjoy socializing with them–not to mention the food everybody made, which was really delicious as well!

I left the dinner early to go to an Indian Culture Club dance, which also went incredibly-well. The kids all seemed to have a good time, doing more dancing than I expected, and they were so well-behaved. Preeti and Sagar did a great job organizing the dance, and I really hope they are both around next year as officers again.

Both Andy and Jean are finished with their semesters, which is not fair since I have another week of school, and then I only have a one-week vacation while they will be off for another week afterwards, three weeks in all! *sigh* Thank heavens I enjoy my students so much or I would really regret leaving college teaching many years ago for high school. ☺

Any of you who really like the rock ‘n’ roll of the 60s and early 70s should look for the George Harrison Tribute Concert, which PBS has been showing recently. A lot of really fine musicians, such as Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Billy Preston, and Ringo Starr spent two hours playing the songs of George Harrison. A really fine concert to see (and I bet it was even better live).

Currently reading: a colorful Jack Vance mystery-adventure in his Demon Princes series, The Killing Machine.

Currently listening: All Things Must Pass, George Harrison’s finest moment as a musician/songwriter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home