March came in like a lion and is going out (relatively) like a lamb. I have no idea how that saying that started, but like many such aphorisms it is both colorful and has more than a nugget of truth in it. Sometime I should buy a book on origins of sayings just for the fun of it.
I got an email offer today from the Discovery Channel Book Club (of which I am a member) offering me “Buy One – Get One Free” for the next three days. Since I just got a great history book Sailing to Byzantium in the mail today from th History Book Club, I really should not succumb to this latest offer. But it is sooo enticing. ☺
Jean and I have not gone to a Chinese buffet in several weeks, maybe even months, so today we independently thought we should go to one this Friday. We have both been invited to a Sunday Brunch as well, so this should be a relatively piggy weekend. Maybe I’ll only cook soup and salad Saturday.
out of the depths
random thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home